WHAT IS IN THE NEWSLETTER?
This area is being set aside to be the home of our new electronic Newsletter. It is being established for members of our congregation to share strong interests of their lives. It should be an area, called Page here, defined by spiritual content and the loves of our lives. These are very broad in their meaning and ALL ideas are welcome. One caveat, strong interest means you are willing to be responsible for creating the content that goes on the website. Two other criteria are that 1) the topic should be something that will be of interest to many and that 2) the content will be updated at least once a month. New content will be posted at the top of your Page with the last 5 posts below that. Earlier posts will be available on an archive file. Also note that we will look for ways to print out the Newsletter content so we can share it with our non-internet friends.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CONTENT?
We will start off with two pages, I've Been Thinking by Paul and Webmaster's Two Cents by Jerry. Then, within the next three weeks, you will see the following three pages show up:
- Christian Internet – Over the last few years, in my personal spiritual journey, I, Jerry, have spent a lot of time on-line, researching and searching for answers to the questions I have regarding all aspects of Christianity. I have found some great websites that I think you will find helpful. I will write a review about them and perhaps give some seminars.
- Presbyterian Pathway - Jack Rauh has indicated that he would love to write a regular post that focuses on a myriad of topics such as; What it means to be a Presbyterian, What are the myths about the Presbyterian religion, What are the foundations of Presbyterian religion and are they changing? Jack taught our Presbyterian Class to new Presbyterians last year, so he is bound to have some interesting articles. Stay tuned.
- Our Church History - Bill Ray will share his memories of the various construction projects that have brought out church to what it is today. There are many people stories and to add life to those memories. Bill's Page promises to bring back memories to those who have been here a long while and to answer questions of the "newbies" on how we go to where we are.
Various people have suggested other topical areas or Pages as we would call them. These include:
- Favorite Devotions
- Book or Movie Reviews
- New Church Member Introductions
- Life Groups
- Our Pets
- The Funny Side of Christianity
- PCWO News
- Church Member Testimonies
- Special Events
- PWCO News
- Favorite Recipes
- Vacation Adventures
- Acts of Kindness
- Miscellaneous Spiritual/Religious Topics
NOW WE NEED YOU TO GET INVOLVED
We need people who are interested and enthusiastic about coordinating the input and sharing it on the church website. Pick one of the above topics or tell us another one you would like to develop. Email me with your ideas. I will help you and before long you, too will have your place on the Internet!
Blessings, Jerry – moc.l1544778565lenra1544778565ynihc1544778565ruhc@1544778565yrrej1544778565